Ghost Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» PlayStation Branch Facebook Page
The State of Survival Horror EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 pm by Guest

» Big news...
The State of Survival Horror EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:49 am by Guest

» Wednesday, July 3rd
The State of Survival Horror EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:58 pm by DreadReaperKing

» BIG XBOX NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
The State of Survival Horror EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 pm by Guest

» Destiny INFO
The State of Survival Horror EmptyMon Jul 01, 2013 7:01 am by Guest

» Saints row 4 being banned in australia!
The State of Survival Horror EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 7:29 am by Guest

» M.I.T: Member on Training
The State of Survival Horror EmptySun Jun 30, 2013 1:03 am by Guest

» A question for you guys : Godzilla monsters
The State of Survival Horror EmptySat Jun 29, 2013 7:57 pm by Guest

» Friday, June 28th
The State of Survival Horror EmptyFri Jun 28, 2013 6:41 am by Guest

Top posters
DreadReaperKing
The State of Survival Horror I_vote_lcapThe State of Survival Horror I_voting_barThe State of Survival Horror I_vote_rcap 
Admin
The State of Survival Horror I_vote_lcapThe State of Survival Horror I_voting_barThe State of Survival Horror I_vote_rcap 

The State of Survival Horror

Go down

The State of Survival Horror Empty The State of Survival Horror

Post  Guest Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Some of you probably know that survival horror is possibly my favorite videogame genre. As such, I'm disappointed to see what it has transformed into over the years. In its infancy, survival horror games involved running away from enemies, while trying to conserve your health and ammo supplies. It created a sense of tension and dread that feels absent from today's survival horror games. Today's take on survival horror involves arming the player to the teeth, and expecting you to fight through hundreds of enemies to get to the end of the game. While this can be loads of fun and create a great game, it's far from survival horror. Due to the recent action-packed additions of the Resident Evil franchise, and the numerous broken Silent Hill games, I honestly think the only way to move forward from here is to reboot survival horror's two biggest franchises. RE and SH have been dominating the survival horror market for over a decade, and have created some of the best games available on a console. Resident Evil ran out of steam as soon as RE5 came out, and Konami seems to not even give a damn about Silent Hill anymore. After all, they still can't seem to find a developer that can replace Team Silent. My point is, if Capcom cares about its fans, they need to return to the good old-fashioned elements of Resident Evil. Konami needs to find a capable developer with whom they can trust the Silent Hill franchise with from here on out. I personally think Vatra Games did a great job with Downpour. What I'm saying is, both of these games are long overdue for a reboot, and I think that's the only way survival horror can get out of the funk it's in right now. In the meantime, games like Shinji Mikami's 'The Evil Within' sound fantastic. https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=d-P5Qm0zkV4

Back to top Go down